Monday, January 19, 2015

Easy Knit Scarves for Beginners

Scarf Practice 

Many times a knitters first project is a scarf.  Mine certainly was, but I never finished it because of how terrible it looked.  It took a lot of "practice" scarves to make one that actually looked wearable. There are several great free patterns on the Internet for knit scarves. 

Over the next several months, I will list some easy beginner scarf patterns here.



I prefer to use my dogs and child as models, rather than myself. Here's Ruby in
one of my first Infinity Scarves. I like big yarn and needles.


My favorite cowl for my daughter that was an easy quick knit is this Chunky Charcoal Cowl. You can see the pattern through the link below:

 http://mamainastitch.blogspot.com/p/free-beginner-knit-cowl-and-scarf.html



One scarf that uses big yarn and needles, that I really enjoyed was this pattern, the Audrey Hepburn Cowl, from Gina Michelle. It does use increases, so you would want to know how to do that by watching a tutorial. Or be like me and improvise by casting on a few more stitches and just work it without increases.  I would think it would turn out pretty this way as well.  The pattern can be found on her lovely blog here:

 


Gina Michelle's Chunky Cowl Knitting Pattern



Here is the easy cowl by Gina Michelle Gina Michelle Blog-Pattern Chunky Cowl Photo from Gina Michelle

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment